Wellness Wednesday: COCONUT OIL PULLING
Posted by Brittany Cooper on
It's #WellnessWednesday my beloveds!
Today I wanted to talk about one of my favorite home remedies - Oil Pulling
Oil Pulling is a great way to remove bad bacteria that gets stuck in between your teeth. Poor oral bacteria can cause a variety of health issues throughout the body; the brain, lungs, heart, skin, and digestive system are all affected by oral bacteria. Oil pulling is also beneficial for a toothache, gum diseases, and overall dental health. Coconut oil is the best oil to use for this, as it contains naturally anti-fungal & anti-bacterial properties.
How to Oil Pull:
1. Best time to do it is right when you get out of bed - BEFORE brushing/flossing, eating, or drinking. Your teeth accumulate bacteria overnight, and you want to eliminate that first thing.
2. Start with 1/2 or 1 tbsp and work your way up to 2 tbsp of ORGANIC coconut oil. Swish this in your mouth for 10 - 15 mins. DO NOT SWALLOW - the oil is literally pulling all this bacteria from your gums & mouth, you definitely want to spit that out.
3. When you are done, spit the oil into a trash or outside, as the oil can harden and clog drains overtime.
4. Rinse your mouth with warm water. Brush/floss as normal. You want to get all of the oil out, otherwise the "pulled" bacteria will sit as a coating on your teeth.
5. Repeat 3-5 times a week, or daily if necessary.
Give it a try yourself, or make it a routine for you & your partner in the morning! I'd love to hear your thoughts, experiences, comments or questions regarding Coconut Oil Pulling! Feel free to send me an email, DM on Instagram/Facebook, or post your experience and tag @jadedragonapothecary on Instagram (@JDApothecary on Twitter)
~As Above, So Below~